 |
| Vancouver |
At the beginning of August I set out to explore some more of Canada. I ended up catching a lift from Calgary with an interesting character named Dave who, as most middle aged men do, told some long and sometimes uneventful stories but overall was a fine driver... After 12 hours on the road and a few stops to pick up and drop off friendly hitch-hikers, we arrived in Vancouver and I found my way to my couch-surfing host Elysse's house. She had a tiny little unit but in an awesome location, walking distance to English Bay Beach and Stanley Park. She was great and as she was not working at the moment she had plenty of time to hang out and show me around Vancouver. We checked out Grandville Island Market (a small version of the Queen Vic Market), attempted stand up paddle boarding and hung out at the Beach, sun baking, swimming and enjoying Vancouver's amazing Sushi!
 |
English Bay Beach
|
 |
| Kits Beach |
 |
| Wreck Beach. Ask me to tell you this story another time! |
Vancouver reminded me very much of Melbourne with its beaches, parks, market and downtown. The weather was warm and sunny, it was very easy to get around and I was definitely not complaining about the over abundance of Starbucks (they are even across the street from one another)!
From Vancouver I jumped on a Moose Tour and headed to Vancouver Island!
(Moose tours are designed for backpackers and people travelling on their own and was such a great way to see parts of Canada that I would never have known about otherwise and also a great way to meet other travelers, very fun, highly recommend it!)
No comments:
Post a Comment