Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Camping at Nordegg

I love that Canada has a long weekend every month because it means there are always people organising to get away for the weekend. This September long weekend I was invited camping and so I jumped at the chance to see more of Canada. We headed to the Mountains near Nordegg, left our vehicle and hiked into an beautiful spot near the river and set up camp. Unfortunately it poured rain the whole hike in but after setting up camp and a roaring fire we soon dried off and it cleared up enough to head up the mountain and hike up to the top. It was quite a hike and I felt it in my legs the next day but as with all hikes such beautiful views from the top.









The weather was a little insane and I couldn't believe how quickly it would change. One minute it would be completely clouded over and within 30 the clouds would move and the sun would shine. At one point while we were sitting at the top it actually began to snow, crazy!





I have to admit I'm a little paranoid about bears. Going to pee in the bush doesn't really bother me however I didn't really like the feeling that a bear could be lurking around the next tree so I probably didn't drink as much liquids as I should have. Can't wait to go camping again back in Australia where you don't have to worry about tying all your food and toiletries up a tree! A great time and so glad I got so see more of beautiful Canada!

No comments:

Post a Comment