"If we take care of the moments, the years will take care of themselves." - Maria Edgeworth
2011 has given me some great moments so far. It is well known that I don't have the greatest memory so a 12 month wrap up for the benefit of my 45 year old self when I want to reminisce one day is probably best...
I lived in Ringwood East in my generous friend's Andi and Cathie's house while they took of on an adventure teaching in a remote aboriginal community and wrote their own super cool blog about it. I lived with another lovely friend Amy in their house and had bucket loads of good times. I visited Noosa with my gorgeous friend Steph. I worked in Collingwood with many of the migrant and disadvantaged families in Richmond, Fitzroy and Collingwood where I learned a lot and got a good dose of the inner city culture. I played basketball and netball a few times a week, met such lovely new friends, ate way too many breakfast's at yummy cafes and learned more of God's goodness.
![]() |
| My beautiful crazy friend Lorinda's wedding April 2011 |
| Noosa with Steph |
| The beautiful Sunshine Coast |
I have now swapped good cafes, yummy coffees, the 1000 steps, my many beautiful friends and the daily 40 minutes of crawling morning traffic with the big skies, fresh air and peaceful simple lifestyle of the country. Only in Collingwood would you see an enormous frypan strapped to the back of an Asian man's bicycle as he weaved through traffic, a young man striding confidently down smith street wearing skinny jeans and a captain's hat, and a Labrador carrying his owner;s groceries in a bag in his mouth... potentially all in one day! Only in Boort would you see.... well not alot!
I loved this time last year and am looking forward to putting on my bluntstones, packing my lunch box, tuning up the tunes, enjoying glorious sunsets every night and discussing the radio topics, weather and crossword clues over the CB with Tyler.


No comments:
Post a Comment