First a little update on our trip over. We left late Wednesday night, I found the flight to be ok, some of us were able to sleep, others not to much. We landed in Kuala Lumpur and had an 11 hour lay over so decided to hit up the city. After finding our way out of the massive airport, which was I think the most challenging part of the day, we got ourselves a taxi, I have to admit I felt a little like I was on the amazing race getting us the cheapest rate and haggling with strange men. It worked well because our taxi driver not only offered us a great price he drove insanely fast and got us their very quickly (we thought his driving was a little nuts but turns out it's nothing compared to here).
Once in KL we came across a super mall, hit up the Petrona Towers and visited the 86th floor for a view of the city, went into chinatown to check out some markets and experience some real asian food, briony tried her hand at bartering and we managed to find our way back to the airport, even though we took a slightly scenic route after our taxi driver missed the turn. Here are some pics.
| someone has to stay awake to make sure we stay alive in the taxi |
No comments:
Post a Comment