As I've mentioned things have been put on hold a little on the farm with all this rain so we've had to find other things to do to occupy our time. Tyler tries to put me to work doing all those jobs around the farm that no one wants to do that usually involve finishing a job that someone started 20 years ago or cleaning an area that needs to be cleared by the nuclear hazardous waste team first.
This past week I decided that every farm needed some chooks! But before we got our chooks we needed a chicken coop. I was thinking a small simple modest little little coop that I could manage to assemble with bits and pieces around the farm however Tyler had other ideas. After a full days work the chickens now reside in a very spacious, safe and well secured home. I was glad we were able to build it together as there was no way I would have been able to create such a masterpiece on my own and I can now say I'm a pro with an angle grinder... woo hoo!
We picked up the chooks yesterday and now all we do is wait for them to lay some eggs. There are four of them at this stage and as they are all identical they are imposable to name. I worked out that each chook needs to lay about three dozen eggs to make what their worth back in eggs... so they better get laying!
Here are some pics!
No comments:
Post a Comment