So at the moment this is my new day job. The plan is the help out with Harvest and drive the Chaser Bin, however due to the rain things have been a little stop start and it feels like when you get all your toys out to play and then having to pack them all up again before they get wet... over and over.
The times we've actually been out there harvesting (or trying to) I've really enjoyed. I can't say I'm all that good at driving my tractor and chaser bin (trying to reverse it is a nightmare) but I love being outside and so far the majority of the grain has successfully made it out of my bin and into the field bin or truck.
For those who aren't up with the farming lingo, essentially I'm driving a tractor towing a bin behind it. I drive up to the Header, the Header dumps the grain into my bin and I take it back to the field bins in the paddock, so that the header can stay in the crop, keep harvesting and not waste time by driving all the way to the field bins. For those that are still confused apparently there are plenty of YouTube videos, so my brother has pointed out. Who knew!
 |
| Tyler driving the Header |
 |
| I really don't know much about farming but when I wear these boots I feel like I have super human farming powers! |
Go Laine go! McLeods eat your heart out.
ReplyDeleteMuch admiration for your chaser bin skills, I would suck big time. And that does not surprise me that Tyler watches such videos on you tube...