I've met some great people so far and yesterday watched one of the guys play in an AFL game. I was really surprised to learn that a Canadian was playing AFL in Calgary. Who would have thought? Aussie rules in Canada!! Was great to watch, even if the field was rectangular and at times the goal posts had a slight lean. The league is just getting started but it was a great standard. I got the feeling that there were quite a few Australians playing and it even felt like back home as it was cold and rainy all day. AFL will take over the world!
Also this past week I experienced another code of football. Here in the town I'm in at the moment they're trying to get a regular community game of American Football up and running. It was modified rules with tag not tackling. I ended up playing and despite not knowing any rules people still passed it to me. It was a lot of fun and reminded me of rugby but was a definite fan of that fact you could pass it forward!

No comments:
Post a Comment