Over the weekend I took a trip to the mountain town Fernie, British Columbia. In the winter it is a major ski town but with any town in the Rockies there's a heap to do in the summer as well. The mountains are so beautiful and I was so lucky to be able see them from the air in a small plane. What is normally a 3-4 hour drive to Fernie took an hour and a half with the most amazing views of Alberta farm land and the Rocky Mountains. It was an awesome experience!
After arriving in Fernie we set out on a hike. I was pumped to go on my first hike in Canada. It was amazing scenery but my excitement soon wore off when I realised that the uphill very vertical climb was not going to let up anytime soon. It ended up being three hours of steep hiking (think 3 hours of the 1000 steps in Vic) to the top of Mount Hosmer (about 8000 ft). It was probably the hardest thing I have done physically but the views from the top were breathtaking and looking back on it I loved it! Hopefully more to come!
 |
| At the top! |
 |
| Mt Hosmer at sunset (If you look closely you can see the shadow of the horse and rider) |
No comments:
Post a Comment