Dirt.Adventure.Peace.Laughter.Life.Simplicity.Thought.Risk.Sky.Friends.Praise.Mud.Joy.Beauty.Fun. {a travel journal}
Monday, June 28, 2010
Grass (of the lawn variety)
I know this may seem a little boring to write about grass but it seems you have to make the most of it while its around. I've arrived when everything is so beautiful and green and you can't help feeling such a sense of joy and peace when you're soaking it all in however it is not always like this and for the majority of the year grass is either covered in snow or of a browner tinge (so I hear).. or most of the time it is just to darn cold to go outside and enjoy it.
So in the summer everyone is keen to be outside on the grass! However what I've found to be hilarious is that grass is a little to foreign for the little ones. Toddlers will do anything to avoid it. I've witnessed toddlers being placed on grass, they then look at their feet, try and step off the prickly stuff and when they realise they can't escape they wail like crazy! I laugh every time. I have seen a baby sit on his butt and lift his feet so that only minimal body parts touch the green stuff! I've also heard that parents will place their children on blankets on the grass and be 100% assured that their child won't move off the quilt.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment