Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Farewell Manila

Today we head back home to Australia. I am actually pretty sad. I have really loved it here, it has been an awesome two weeks, I have experienced so many new things, met so many lovely people, heard amazing stories and am excited about what is planned here for the future and how the children and families in the community will continue to positively impacted in so many ways!!
I'm sure George is a little more keen to get home than I am but we are thankful that she has improved heaps and is well enough to fly!
I still have so many stories from my time here that don't want to forget which I haven't had time to write about, Aunty Rona's story, Cedric's story, jeepee's and trikes, the salon... I hope to continue to write a few more posts in the coming week so that I'll be able to remember these great few weeks a little better when I'm old and grey!
See you back on Australia! xo

This is the Pavlova I made last night for everyone.. I'd like to say it was just like back home but for some reason it was a little flatter than usual so I put the two flat meringues on top on one another and just loaded it up with cream and friut.. a special Filipino style Pav!!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Laine,

    Gran and I have just re-read your blog---and can only conclude that it was great. We hope that you and Georgia have a safe trip home. We look forward to seeing you----and catching up with all of your adventures and stories.

    Regards and love,
    Gran and Pa

    ReplyDelete