Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Aussie Aussie Aussie

I am now back on Australian shores. It's definitely nice to be home with the warmer weather, longer daylight hours, familiar surroundings, tripple J and good soy lattes. I left Canada and Hay River a few weeks earlier than I originally planned so that I could come home and work on the farm during harvest and fulfil my McLeods daughters longings ( I two days work in before the heavens opened).

I arrived back at Melbourne airport with nothing but my carry on luggage, the rest of my bags found me the next day when they were couriered to Boort minus one can of maple syrup. Being back at the airport it felt as though I was only just there a week ago. I generally assumed that not much had changed in the time I've been away, everything looked the same... until my Dad pulled out an iphone out of his pocket. My dad who, as much as I love him, can only just cook eggs on toast and operate the TV remote, had an iphone even before me and apparently loves it. Crazy. The other noticeable difference is the amount of water that is around. Lakes around Boort which have been empty for 10 years are now full and overflowing. It's amazing to see that in less that 12 months such a huge amount of water has fallen. The downside is that the rain keeps falling and falling....

It was sad to leave Canada, especially my Hay River Housemates. I really loved my time in Canada. I saw so many beautiful places, met awesome people and learned alot about myself. I hope to have many more adventures like it in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment