Monday, July 9, 2012

Merry Christmas (in July) and my first ever Pumkin Pie!

This past weekend my housemate Julia hosted a Christmas in July dinner. What else can I say except that it was A-MAZE-ING! A beautifully decorated room, a delicious meal of roast veggies and roast lamb cooked in the Weber, mulled wine, Christmas carols and my most favorite part, everyone in Christmas dress-up! Yup I love a good themed dress-up party!



It was also my first attempt at making a Pumpkin Pie! After a phone call to Gran, who stated she used a bit from this recipe and a bit from that recipe, I found a recipe online which seemed to fit most of her requirements. I followed the recipe exactly (which is a rare occurrence for me) and 'bam' it seemed to turn out pretty well. The dinner guests were all a little taken back by it's unappealing brown colour at first however all gave it a go and it received good results in the end. I think it was enjoyed my most and I have to say I had forgotten how much I do love pumpkin pie and may have enjoyed it for lunch the following day as well. Mmmm mmmm!


No comments:

Post a Comment