Feeling a tad like a grown up at the moment. Also feeling very thankful. In moving back to Melbourne 3 weeks ago, as of this week I now have a job, a permanent job, and a house, a 12 month rental....eek! how grown up is that! I really am looking forward to getting settled into 2012 and be in more of a routine.. however I wonder how long it will take me before I crave some sort of change.. even if it just means rearranging furniture. This weekend I move into a very 'affordable' (aka dirt cheap) property with 3 others. The house is on a big block and is rather spacious inside but has not had any changes to it's decor since 1973 and therefore has 'character' (aka is super ugly). I'm sure the yellow bench tops, wood paneled walls and lime green patterned wall paper will hardly be noticeable once we furnish the place. My new housemates are lovely and I'm sure this house will be bucket loads of fun.
I'm also looking forward to starting in a new Social Work role working intensively with Child Protection families for an 8 week period for the purpose of parenting skills development and assessment. This will be something new for me and while I feel that it's a bit like starting the first day of school, I'm looking forward to the challenge and growing my skills in a more specific area. Hopefully full-time work will allow for plenty of adventures along the way also.
No comments:
Post a Comment